9 things you may not have known about AIB (All India Bakchod)
All India Bakchod usually abbreviated as AIB is an Indian comedy group founded by Gursimran Khamba and Tanmay Bhatt which was later joined by Rohan Joshi and Ashish Shakya. The group initially got its popularity from Youtube and later on went to become one of the biggest and funniest comedy group worldwide.
Here are 9 things we think you may not have known about AIB:
1. Up until now, they have over 178 million views and 1.5 million subscribers on Youtube, which is currently India's most popular. Their growing popularity isn't totally captured by the subscribers alone or their crazy popularity of some of the videos they have posted. Their most watched video would be the one which featured Alia Bhatt which has amassed close to 10 million views.
2. Their biggest show until now would be the AIB Roast of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor which made them as popular as they are at the moment. This show was attended by many big stars like Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha and Anurag Kashyap. Go and check it out if you haven't watched it yet, but bear in mind that it's 18+ and you don't mind the abusive language.
3. According to the third law of physics every action has equal and opposite reaction, so when the AIB Roast came out with such a hit throughout the nation, it was brought down with a complaint against AIB due to abusive language which was serious enough to put them behind the bars. We guess the Indian society is still not prepared for that kind of language. So when will it be?
4. They are so natural that they can come up with comedy any time and make any situation comedic which makes them amazing instantaneous comedians. Have you ever thought about making someone who's very serious laugh? I guess you can give a call to these guys. They might help that person out. They're truly hilarious!
5. The group does not invest any funds in advertisements and only use their Youtube channel as the source of their advertising. Well, that must have saved a lot of money for them as advertising these days cost a fortune. But even without great financial outlay they have achieved incredible success!
6. They did not earn much at the beginning, but they did pay their cameraman and director well for their videos. This is admirable, because who does these things nowadays. All are rather strongly focused on making money instead of giving them away. But in 2015, AIB held 68th position in the Forbes India’s list of the highest earning celebrities just beating Rajnikanth!
7. The AIB roast which earned them a lot of recognition was inspired from the Roast of Pam Anderson and Charlie Sheen in the USA. With 6.4 million viewers, this roast is the most-watched roast of all time and not Justin Bieber's, that only had 4.4 million viewers.
8. The AIB roast managed to open up a lot of unanswered Bollywood gossips like Karan Johar’s orientation, Ranveer-Deepika relationship status, and the Sonakshi-Arjun thing. It also made revelations which made people realise that this is the new age Bollywood and abuses, shady language and foul gestures were wholeheartedly welcomed.