The most common mistakes made during FIRST AID!
First aid and familiarity with its principles can save a person's life. The statistics, however, are terrifying. As many as 70% of people declare that they do not know how to give first aid! What's more, this does not mean that the remaining 30% knows all the rules and knows how to help victims of accidents or injuries.
We present some of the most commonly duplicated, BAD first aid procedures.
Does paracetamol help with everything?
Many people think that paracetamol is a medicine for everything and can be used safely in any quantity. Unfortunately, the truth is different. Paracetamol relieves pain and reduces fever. However, used in excessive amounts can cause liver damage and, in extreme cases, even death. Daily dosage should not exceed the recommended dose and paracetamol should be used sporadically. If you have any doubts, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Go to the Next Page to find out more!
Should we tilt our head backward during a hemorrhage?
Nasal hemorrhage is a very common problem. It can be caused by impact or by weakening the body. Anyway, it happened to people often, maybe even to you. You probably heard more than once that during a hemorrhage you should lift your head up to stop it. Unfortunately, this method is not only not helping to alleviate hemorrhage but can be dangerous.
Although even on the movies you can see scenes, where people lie with their head tilted to stop bleeding from a nose, it is not allowed to do it!!! Tilting the head back, blood flows down to the throat and can cause chilling. And this can cause many serious injuries. It is best and safer to slightly lower your head and applies a cold compress on the neck and forehead.
See what else you can do or not. Go to the NEXT Page!
How to deal with people after a car accident?
If you witness a car accident, someone's life or health may depend on your knowledge. In such a situation, the first thing that comes to our mind is to take the victims from the accident site. But this is not always a good solution. The most common injuries occurring during accidents are injuries to the head and spine. If you force someone to stand up or move, you can lead to paralysis.
Get an idea of the situation, check the condition of the injured and call for help. If the scene of the accident poses a risk to you and the injured person, gently pull them to a safe place. Most often as a result of stress you do not know what to do, that's why need to call right away for help, the person taking the phone will surely guide you step by step what to do.
More tips for you on Next Page!
Should I wear a bandage at the site of bleeding?
If you hurt yourself and your wound is severely bleeding, the first thought that comes to your mind is to put a pressure bandage. This method can stop bleeding, but it will not replace professional help. The deep wound should be stitched. Too much pressure can cause blockage of the blood supply to the injured limb, resulting in tissue necrose.
Should you suck the venom after the bites of venomous creatures
If someone in your neighborhood was bitten by a venomous creature, like a snake, a spider or anything else, remember that you should not suck the poison out of the wound! Typically, toxins are rapidly spreading in the bloodstream, so sucking blood from the bite site will not do anything. In addition, it can pose a threat to you. It is a good idea to go to the nearest hospital and give your doctors accurate information on when and how the person got sick.
Do not hesitate to share this article with everyone and leave a Like on our Facebook page!