IncredibleEmotional

Published 2021-12-10
0 Comment

Man Swallowed An AirPod While Sleeping! The Earphone Was Still Working!

The intensive development of technology provides us with many conveniences. Nowadays, more and more people all over the world are using wireless headphones, which charge instantly in a small and handy case. And no one who owns such equipment is likely to miss the wired headphones and their eternally tangled cords. But did you know that listening to music with wireless headphones can be deadly? As one American discovered after he swallowed his AirPod in his sleep! And although it sounds unbelievable, it really happened! How is this possible? How and when did he realize that the earphone was in his gut? What was the doctors' reaction and what condition was the AirPod in when it was pulled out of his esophagus? Learn the story of Bradford Gauthier, who himself can't believe what happened!

A day he will remember for a lifetime

A day he will remember for a lifetime

It was supposed to be an ordinary morning, basically no different from any other. And yet, one American would remember it for a lifetime. In early February 2021, Bradford Gauthier, who lives in Worcester, Massachusetts, described on his Facebook page an unusual event that happened to him. So unusual that it is hard to comprehend how it could actually happen! Shortly after waking up, he felt fine but quickly realized something strange was going on. When he picked up a glass and tried to drink from it, he found that he was unable to swallow the water. As he wrote: "When I tried to drink a glass of water it wouldn't go down, I had to lean over to let it spill out into the sink. Gross." And then he felt a strange feeling in his throat and chest…

A day he will remember for a lifetime 1

Falling asleep listening to music

Something was definitely wrong! The man felt a large pressure in his chest, but at first, it didn't occur to him that he might have swallowed one of his AirPods. He figured it was simply dryness in his throat or something resulting from shoveling snow late at night. He didn't panic, just went on with his day and started looking in his bed for the AirPods headphones he had listened to music from the night before when he went to bed. He only managed to find one; there was no sign of the other anywhere, though he searched the entire bedroom. That's when Gauthier's teenage son jokingly said that perhaps his father had swallowed the second earpiece in his sleep. And well, as it turned out later, the boy was right…

Falling asleep listening to music

Trip To The ER

After a playful suggestion from the teenage Owen, things stopped being so funny as Bradford thought that perhaps that was what had happened. Although it sounded completely unlikely, after all, there was no telling where or why he had the problem with his esophagus and the strange feeling in his chest. So he decided not to delay for his own good and safety to explain the situation. He quickly rushed to the emergency room, where his wife took him. The man was given an X-ray, which showed that he had indeed somehow swallowed an AirPod while sleeping. The handset was stuck in the lower part of his esophagus! As he revealed, before the examination, the doctor didn't think it was possible, but as he wrote: "but she ultimately said I should get an X-Ray... She comes back in and says "I'll be damned, you swallowed it"

It could have ended very badly

The man's post on Facebook which contained the photos garnered a lot of interest. All his friends were shocked and in disbelief, happy that everything turned out well in the end. However, it sounds so unbelievable that many people hearing this story reacted to the man's post with laughter making fun of the situation. However, the truth is that it could have ended very badly, including death. Bradford Gauthier was told by his doctor that he was extremely lucky not to have choked. As he wrote: "I was REALLY lucky, that could have gone in my lung or obstructed an airway. The Doctor couldn't believe it when she was the x-ray." The doctor told him that the earpiece was firmly wedged and pressed into the wall of the esophagus. "I must have been stone cold asleep to not cough it out or something."

Trip To The ER

He had to undergo an unpleasant procedure

As he explained, he had an emergency endoscopy to remove it, And although it is a highly unpleasant procedure, the gastrologist was able to do it really quickly. In the man's words, however, "Endoscopy's SUCK though." Brad made a post to share his story, which he joked could be one for the record books, but at the same time he quite seriously warned everyone by writing: "Be careful listening to wireless headphones when you fall asleep, you never know where they'll end up!". He also thanked his sweetheart for dropping everything and going with him for the procedure. What else did Brad have to say about what happened to him? Many people were curious to know what fate befell the earpiece pulled out of the man's gut…

It could have ended very badly

After pulling out the AirPod, it worked!

While many people under Brad's post started writing that what happened is really crazy and asked how it could even happen, the man repeatedly explained that he has no idea because it was a complete accident and he still can't believe it happened. Some were also curious about whether the earpiece being in his esophagus would play if he started listening to music. As he explained, before he knew where his earphone was he used the "Find my AirPods" feature, but the battery was dead. And he wrote: "If the little beeping noise came out of my throat, it would have been the weirdest moment of my life." Interestingly, the earpiece pulled from Brad's gut didn't break. As he wrote: "It works, but only at half volume. It definitely got a fair amount of water in it. Hopefully when it dries out it'll work perfect hahaha".Given the way the AirPods have come, some have been impressed with Apple's hardware, however, they have recommended Brad not to fall asleep with the headphones again. And he himself confessed that he never even imagined that something like this could physically happen.

He had to undergo an unpleasant procedure

Brad's story went viral

If anyone was wondering if Brad remembers what he was listening to before falling asleep and fatefully swallowing his headphone, he revealed that he was watching "The Thing" with Kurt Russel. Before the introduction of wireless equipment, such an event could not have happened. And as the man pointed out, since that headphone swallowing event, he will be using his old pair with a cord when he goes to bed. Well, as his story shows, caution is never too much! The man set his post as public so that friends and those who take an interest in his story can pass the post on, as a warning to others. His case is special and extremely rare. However, as you know, millions of people around the world fall asleep with wireless headphones in their ears and probably don't realize that swallowing one while sleeping is actually possible and can be deadly. What happened to Brad went viral and the incident was covered by various media and websites around the world.

Did you imagine something like this was possible? Let us know in the comments and if you enjoyed this article do not hesitate to share it with your friends and leave a Like on our Facebook page!

And do not forget to follow us on Instagram, Tik Tok, and Youtube -CURIOSIPS- to get more interesting stories!

After pulling out the AirPod, it worked!
0
What do you think? Join the conversation
How A Popular X-Files Episode Used A Real, Scandalous Case!
Follow us