10 surprising facts you didn’t know about Priyanka Chopra
Probably most of us know Priyanka Chopra. Besides, that she's a beautiful woman, Priyanka is now also the highest-paid Indian actress and one of the most popular celebrities in the world. She mainly plays in movies and TV series, sings, but also is granted for charity. Many times she was considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. Because of her popularity and numerous articles written, her fans may think they know everything about Priyanka. Not necessarily! Take a look at our list of the most interesting facts from Priyanka's life, which you probably didn't know about.
1. Surely everyone knows what is the Forbes list that gathers all the richest people in the world. Priyanka is the first Indian actress who appeared on the Forbes list and she was ranked the 8th place as the best-paid TV actress. This has been achieved thanks to her role in the hit American TV Show "Quantico" which is an American drama thriller. We have to admit it's a good one!
Keep reading to find out more!
2. A lot of famous people work for charity. Some say about it out loud, while the others effectively hide their help. Priyanka became even more popular because of the campaigns that she took part in. She is the only Indian woman in the USA that was chosen at the state level for the National Opus Honor Choir for her extremely engaged attitude and charity work, both in the USA and in India.
3. Did you think that such a beautiful look does not require considerable financial outlays? Unfortunately, without specific sums of money spent on a regular basis every month, no woman would look so pristine and beautiful. As various sources report, Priyanka spends approx. Rs 80,000 per month on her skin care and about Rs 38,400 on makeup and hair care.
4. Surely you know that Priyanka has won many beauty awards. Amongst them, the most important is the title of Miss India and Miss World. But did you know that her parents submitted Priyanka to this beauty contest without her knowledge? Another interesting thing about a beauty pageant in India is the fact that there is an unwritten rule that the woman, who won the title of the most beautiful, always starts her career in Bollywood.
5. Priyanka is also known as a charity activist. In 2010, she was appointed as a Unicef Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights. Among many activities in which she participates, Priyanka is strongly committed to the subject of women's rights, in particular gender equality and the gender pay gap.
6. We can say that Priyanka comes from a military family. Her parents were doctors in the Indian army. When she was a little girl, it happened that she lived not in the typical house but in a military bunker. She now refers to it as a fantastic adventure. They relocated many times to a number of cities across the whole India. It probably would be a problem for many children, but not for her. She looked at it as on a chance to learn about new places, different people and to gain new interesting experiences.
7. As a child, Priyanka was a gawky kid with a very low self-esteem. She came from a middle-class background, but she worked very hard and diligently studied. For some time, she went to school in the USA, but she doesn't recall it as a good time. She was bullied at school for being Indian. Priyanka was nicknamed "Brownie" and she faced many racial issues. These problems were so serious that she decided to quit one of the schools.
8. A very interesting fact of Priyanka's life is that she trained various martial arts, such as Jiu-Jitsu, Karate and Gatka. Except that she surely is a strong woman who will know how to defend herself in a difficult situation, acquired skills will certainly help her in several film roles. At least she will never need stuntmen to assist her in such activities.
9. In January 2006, Priyanka appeared on the cover of the first issue of the Indian edition of Maxim magazine. She is the only Indian woman classified to the group of Maxim Hot 100, which the magazine releases every year. We think that Priyanka has always been pretty, but every year she becomes more and more beautiful. We would love to see her kids one day if they will get beauty after their mum.
10. Do you know which Hollywood actor is one of the biggest fans of Priyanka? It's Ryan Reynolds who dreams about starring with her in the same movie. During one of the interviews for Mumbai Mirror, Reynolds said:"I have not seen her show (‘Quantico’) but I've seen her interviews and she is charming, funny, and smart. She's got a huge following and is doing great. I would love to work with her. I can see why she is a big star.” She's probably used to compliments, but it is always nice to hear something like that.
If you like this article, please share it with your family and friends!